Monday, September 16, 2013

Sept 16

Hola,
 
Life is pretty good right now besides that fact that I am running out of kleenex and don't know where my  pseudoephed went.  Have a cold but am on the upward climb now.  Sister Harris was really sick this week so we did not get much work done.  Mostly taking it easy for a couple of days while she slept and I wrote letters and studied.  Mom I hope you got yours.  It's kind of long.  :)  We did get three new investigators  and had two investigators handed off to us this week!  Five more people to teach that are actually in our area!  Miracle!  The family of three have had missionaries before in Boise and the dad just had a military friend commit suicide.  They said we can come by this week on Wednesday.  Plan of Salvation.  The other two are a 9 year old girl named Chloe and a 12 year old boy named Treyson.  Brother and sister.  There mom is less active and they have been going to the ward in Burly with their grandparents when they are with their dad on every other weekend.  They go to school in Jerome though so they need to be baptized over here.  They have had all the lessons already so we just need to find out their concerns besides not knowing anyone in the Jerome ward yet.  They love parquore and did some for us.  Super fun to watch.  :)  They were jumping over a stool and climbing their basketball hoop.  They are still working on it...  Chloe is a total tomboy besides the fact that some of her hair is died pink.  They kept showing us pictures of their dogs on their phones.  Going to be tough to get them to focus in lessons but we can do it! 
 
Had stake conference this last weekend.  Guess the focus?  Missionary work!!!  Think I've got that part covered right now but we shall see if anything starts happening.  Hope so.  :)  We went to the adult session on Saturday night and got asked if we could join the choir the next morning for the other session.  So it turned into a combined Jerome 3rd ward and missionary choir.  Pretty fun except I could not breath through my nose so I sounded funny the whole time.  :P  At least I tried and did not have to blow my nose in the middle of the songs.  Miracle.  Also at stake conference we got some bad news.  Sister Suitter is friends with Sister Harris' mom and told us that Sister Harris' grandmother has breast cancer.  She's sad but can't do anything about it.  She's not a very open or touchy person so not quite sure what I can do to help her except pray for her. 
 
I was slightly delirious when I was getting sick.  Sister Harris was really delirious and even blacked out while sick this week.  She's better now.  Hallelujah. 
 
Well, I love you all.
 
Sister Nettles

No comments:

Post a Comment